Life is not always ponies and rainbows, as I may say. Past 4 days I spent at home with unexpected visit of the evil stomach flu. There was time to spare so I wrote down some things to do when sick at home. Hopefully won’t be necessary, but this is what I did:
– Search for the best TV show You can watch, fell asleep on and still remember what happened there. I watched Gossip Girl and that speaks for itself.
– Don’t try to eat things you’re eating on daily bases because chances are – You will hate them afterwards.
– Go for it! In my third day of sickness I just could not stop thinking about cookies “Svetlana”. So half of day I trained myself to move normally, then I managed to dress myself and go to nearest shop. Felt like a champion afterwards. Don’t worry – I didn’t touch anything, was aware I was still sick and flu may be contagious.
– Search for a very best friend. Family sometimes can get a bit too much, but a good friend will spend full day with You just talking, entertaining and being there for You. It’s a good feeling and every good feeling leads to faster recovery – Thank You, Aiva!
– Surround Yourself with positive thoughts and extra good vibes. It’s really easy to feel sad, depressed and really down. So even if it happened to me more than once, I tried to count all the good things that happened that day and surprise or not – there was plenty.
– Last but no least. Take this time fully to Yourself (well, You can’t go anywhere anyway, but..). Think about what You do and don’t want, what inspires and damages You. Even If I felt like a door mat our like a dead person from zombie apocalypse most of the time I managed to understand new and important things about myself. My body was ill, but my mind worked as a new one. Will sound weird, but sometimes sickness can be a good thing – it’s like a full cleanse for body and mind.
Stay healthy and beautiful.